Digital marketing is not a new concept, the world saw its first digital marketing steep surge in 2006 when search engine traffic was reported to have grown to about 6.4 billion in a single month. Soon, social networking sites began to emerge with Myspace followed by Facebook (Meta) which started generating revenues.
The globe is surrounded by the internet all over! Right from social media, to google searches, to our favorite apps, we all use the internet throughout the day it is an integral part of our life now. With such a huge hike in the number of people engaging via the internet, digital marketing is growing. And it is only going to surge further in the future. The digital advertising and marketing market was estimated at $350 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $786.2 billion by 2026.
Moreover, 63% of businesses have increased their digital marketing budgets just this past year. Between 2020 and 2021, there was a 14% growth rate in digital marketing budget spending across businesses. Around 72% of overall marketing budgets are opting for digital marketing channels to run their business. Also, 55% of the marketing today is digital. Total digital advertising spending in 2021 was $436 billion versus offline advertising at $196 billion. All the mentioned data show the permeation of digital marketing presence and the importance of digital marketing for your startup/business to breathe in this online world.
Going just for digital marketing without an effective strategy will not work for you as there is high competition outside. You need to step with efficacious ways like you can visit for Exogenous technology to boost your online presence with the best digital marketing approaches to yield a high ROI.
- Search Engine Optimization: Brands need SEO as their priority, it is the most cost-effective and viable way to understand and reach the customers that matter most. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), is the process of optimizing websites so that they rank well on search engines through organic searches. This is one of the most crucial marketing strategies for any business.
Around 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine and 61% of B2B marketers stated that SEO and organic traffic generate more leads than any other marketing initiative also 70% of online marketers say that SEO is better than other marketing strategies.
- Social Media Marketing: According to a Social Media Examiner’s report, 90% of marketers confirmed that social media is important to their businesses. And 89% of marketers indicated that their social media initiatives have generated increased exposure for their companies.
Social media is considered the second most vital marketing strategy for startups. It increases exposure and traffic. Social media marketing develops loyal customers, improves search ranking, generates leads, establishes thought leadership, and of course increases sales.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Pay-per-click services (PPC) advertising is a cheap and cost-effective way to drive traffic to your website, regardless of your budget. As the name suggests, you only pay the publisher when your ad is clicked. Ad prices are set by bidding, which allows you to be flexible with your ad spend. And unlike many other marketing strategies, PPC allows you to reach and engage your target audience with ease. PPC returns $2 for every $1 spent—resulting in a 200% ROI rate
- Email Marketing: Email is an excellent medium for building relationships with your clients and customers by offering value including free reports, white papers, excellent tips, and newsletters among other things. Email marketing can be very profitable and highly rewarding, but take time to build good lists to make the most of your time and effort.
Email marketing is still considered one of the most powerful advertising media on the Internet. The truth is that if you can take advantage of email marketing, you can transform your business surely. It will generate more leads, customer retention, and sales. Email marketing returns $36 for every $1 spent. Small businesses claim that email marketing is the marketing channel that brings them the highest return on investment.
- Native/Retargeting Ads: Your potential customers might not be convinced with the first visit to your website so you need one or more nudges before they actually become your customers and this task will be done by native ads or retargeting ads. Drive website traffic & reach your ideal audience with native ad services.
More than 41% of brands are currently using native advertising as part of wider promotional efforts. And according to reports by 2025, native advertising worldwide will reach a value of $400 billion. Around 90% of publishers either have or plan to launch native advertising campaigns for their business as it has copious benefits. It is less intrusive than traditional ad formats. It produces a high click-through rate (CTR). It boosts conversion rates by multiple times and increases the advertiser’s ROI.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing has become a must-strategy for businesses today, whether you are working in the B2B or B2C domain. 90% of B2C organizations are extremely/very committed to content marketing, and 88% of B2B marketers agree that content marketing is an important part of their marketing programs.
Content Marketing will assist the problems of the consumers as their solution will lie in the content of your website. Content marketing will build trust among the consumers. It increases the visibility of your brand, builds lasting relationships with your customers, boosts brand awareness and brand recognition, and also builds credibility & authority.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is like a synonym for social media influences. You recruit affiliates for your brand to draw and generate leads for you. They can be thought of as salespeople who work on a commission basis. This commission is entirely up to you to decide.
Your selected affiliates will share the customized links you provide with their social media circles who, in turn, can use the link to visit your site and make a purchase. Further, you can even track the number of sales coming in from each link to track the performance of your affiliates.